The Courtyard Marriott of Brookline will unveil its new $6 million renovation to the public on May 17 between 5-7pm. The hotel will combine its grand reopening with an event to help a great cause.
The event is called “Light it Up Blue,” which is associated with the Autism Speaks movement. Attendees are asked to dress in blue for autism awareness. This is the second year Courtyard Brookline has hosted this event.
The evening will feature:
- Live music from bluegrass band “The Honey Jars”
- Artwork with blue emphasis for sale by local artists
- Cash bar with blue drink themes
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres from local eateries
- Raffle Drawing
- Tours of new rooms
When asked what inspired Courtyard Brookline to combine its grand reopening and “Light it Up Blue,” Courtyard’s Director of Sales and Event Organizer Colin Porter replied, “Both events were slated for the same time of the year. We were going to be inviting the same people, so we thought we would combined them and make it one great event.”
“You can’t go wrong with spending a Tuesday evening at the Courtyard Marriott Brookline,” Porter continued. “There will be plenty of free food, [and] a live bluegrass band. Folks will be able to see our brand new rooms and help support autism. We welcome the whole community to attend.”
When asked about the significance of the event to local merchants, Coolidge Corner Merchants Association Executive Director Jamie Hovis said, “We’re very happy to see the Courtyard Marriott reopen, newly renovated. They are a huge factor in driving commerce and Boston’s tourist traffic into Brookline. They’re great neighbors, and one of the most active members of the CCMA. We’re pleased to see the Courtyard Marriott using the opportunity to raise funds and shed light on a disorder that is so often misunderstood.”
Another feature of the evening will be a silent auction featuring:
- 4 Tickets to the Red Sox – Yankee game at Fenway on August 11
- College football tickets
- Dinner for 2 at local restaurants
- Gifts from local boutiques
- Deluxe car detailing at Uva’s Auto Detailing
- 2-Night Stay at Courtyard Brookline
- Book of 5-day parking passes for Courtyard Brookline
- Dinner or breakfast for 2 at Courtyard Brookline Bistro
- Movie tickets
According to Courtyard Marriott, all proceeds from the cash bar and silent auction, as well as a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of artist exhibits, will go to support autism awareness nonprofits.
Event attendees can register for free tickets online.